This is my favorite blog post of the year! It always stirs up gratitude in my heart for the hand of God in all moments in my life. This is my time to review and remember all of the sweet stories I have been given the honor of documenting. Not only were we invited to be a part of coming alongside some wonderful couples, but we also made so many memories as a team of FIVE! I can’t tell you how this love for one another ignited my passion outside of the team. Every single one of the milestones below had our team’s hands in it. Actually, all of the images below had our team’s involvement. Anywhere in between client communication, publication or shooting, there were more hands on deck to serve and love on couples and families. Thank the Lord. Here are a few notable moments that made 2018 so sweet.
- Film photography was officially integrated into all of our 2018 sessions! In 2017, I bought the film camera and very slowly and timidly started adding this addition into sessions. My Contax camera goes to every wedding and session now :)
- My heart made new room for a new friend by interviewing, hiring and training our Associate Photographer, Kim! What a whirlwind of a process that depended on unwavering trust from waiting on the Lord. So much prayer and preparation went into all of it. I’m so glad I got to do it all alongside Wayne as it really did stretch our faith to wait on Him and Him alone. We are so excited to officially introduce her THIS month.
- This Orlando wedding was featured on a bucket list publication, Green Wedding Shoes.
- We shot a wedding and two engagement sessions in San Francisco, California, taking MP to the furthest location yet! This fueled my desire for more destinations come 2019! So many breathtaking views making the most stunning backdrops for storytelling.
- MP became finalists for TWO film awards with Belle Lumiere. Imagine my excitement when I found out we were finalists for “Emerging Film Photographer 2018” and “Image of the Year (color). What an honor!
Thank you to everyone who has been following along and supporting MP through the years, especially our amazing clients who put their trust in us. What a gift it has been to add new friendships into our lives. See you in 2019!
Here are some of our favorite moments from the year!
Thank You, Lord. It is by You, through You and for You.